Skip to main content
Update 23 June 2008: See for an official way to do this.

In my previous post on Workflow doesn't work, Imports never happen, emails don't flow and Outlook clients cannot connect I went through the fix by changing SQL. I never liked that fix because it breaks rule one of MSCRM, never edit the database directly. It also has the high chance of screwing up your deployment (quote in the wrong place, or highlight skills lacking in SQL), so I finally found an offically supported tool which does the exact same thing: The IFD tool

What is great about the release version of the tool is it allows you to change those settings in a On Premise scenario only (the bottom set of items), so you don't need to suddenly switch to IFD with the tool to fix the issue. So definitely if you are having a problem, rather use the tool than the SQL statement.